Postponed for 12 months, July 2022 saw the United States host the World Championships for a first time.
EFM was engaged as logistics, freight forwarding and customs provider for the event in Eugene, Oregon.
On the back of a comprehensive set of meetings on and offsite, pre-planning and preparing the Championships’ logistics, EFM distributed a bespoke customs and freight manual and rate card to stakeholders. With its new Los Angeles warehouse serving as the hub for international cargo to and from Oregon22, EFM:
- Managed customs brokerage nationally and internationally on behalf of all stakeholders, including ATA Carnets and temporary import bonds
- Chartered an aircraft from Halifax to Oregon to ensure on-time arrival of Championships’ timing equipment – delayed by sea freight (booked by third party)
- Door-to-door international, and domestic, air, road and sea freight
- Worldwide repatriation of equipment after the Championships
- Removal & off-site storage of empty cases and packing materials
A job and an IAAF World Championships well done.