EFM were engaged by DAGOC (Doha Asian Games Organising Committee) in 2006 to handle all the logistics for the Asian Games Torch Relay. Over 65 days, the relay travelled across 15 countries in Asia, from Qatar to India, China to Japan and through Iran.
We were responsible for the advance airfreighting to 29 cities the branding packs, uniforms, torches and fuel canisters, ready for the arrival of the "Flame Plane" in each city along the Relay, in addition to preparing all customs documentation and handling the baggage and equipment on and off the chartered Emiri aircraft in each location. EFM project managers travelled on board and in advance, preparing everything necessary and liaising with all the authorities in each country along the route, to ensure the smooth and rapid progression of everyone and everything through each airport.
• 65 days. 55,000km. 29 cities. 15 countries.
• 3,500 custom-made goat leather torches
• 6,000 uniforms distributed
• 5,000 banners hung in each city
• 100 pieces of Royal luggage
• 11,000kgs of city branding sent via airfreight exactly one week ahead of the Torch Relay arrival into each city.
• 2 EFM project managers on board full-time for the duration managing all logistics operations.
• The “Flame” which remained lit throughout the entire relay.
Copyright EFM Global Holdings Ltd. 2018. All Rights Reserved